Duplicate a ticket from Jira service desk to Jira core by click of a button?

Hi, we are new launching JIRA Service Desk..

1) Is there a way to duplicate a ticket from Jira service desk to Jira core by click of a button? So that our internal [multiple teams] will work towards resolution in JIRA core.

2) Also wanted to know whether from JIRA core update of comments relavent to customer can be pushed to respective client in JIRA Service Desk without copy/paste..Basically in click of button, the update should be shared to client ticket in JIRA service desk

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Jack Brickey Community Champion Oct 17, 2016

Ragav,

No click of a button solution that I am aware. Here is what i do:

1. Clone the JSD issue and Move too my JIRA SW project of choice. The two automatically are linked.
  2. Adjust the settings of the clone as necessary (assignee, priority, type, etc.)
  3. Setup automation in JSD to automatically resolve the JSD original ticket when the linked (clone) issue is resolved. I also add a 'canned' comment to the automation aligned w/ the resolution type that is selected in the clone. This informs the customer how the issue was resolved (done, won't do, cannot reproduce, etc.). 

Thanks Jack!! Is that means I can also setup to choose/opt comments from particular group[team] from JIRA SW to clone JSD by automation?

This widget could not be displayed.

I'd use a web-fragment in the script runner add-on with a "copy issue" script behind it...

Jack Brickey Community Champion Oct 17, 2016

Yes that would be ideal. Unfortunately for me I'm using OnDemand which is limiting for sure. Ragav may be using server.

Ahh, bother, you can only do the "create subtask/copy/clone" script with SR for Cloud, I think.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

275 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you