Duplicate a ticket from Jira service desk to Jira core by click of a button?

Ragav K October 17, 2016

Hi, we are new launching JIRA Service Desk..

1) Is there a way to duplicate a ticket from Jira service desk to Jira core by click of a button? So that our internal [multiple teams] will work towards resolution in JIRA core.

2) Also wanted to know whether from JIRA core update of comments relavent to customer can be pushed to respective client in JIRA Service Desk without copy/paste..Basically in click of button, the update should be shared to client ticket in JIRA service desk

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

Ragav,

No click of a button solution that I am aware. Here is what i do:

1. Clone the JSD issue and Move too my JIRA SW project of choice. The two automatically are linked.
  2. Adjust the settings of the clone as necessary (assignee, priority, type, etc.)
  3. Setup automation in JSD to automatically resolve the JSD original ticket when the linked (clone) issue is resolved. I also add a 'canned' comment to the automation aligned w/ the resolution type that is selected in the clone. This informs the customer how the issue was resolved (done, won't do, cannot reproduce, etc.). 
Ragav K October 17, 2016

Thanks Jack!! Is that means I can also setup to choose/opt comments from particular group[team] from JIRA SW to clone JSD by automation?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

I'd use a web-fragment in the script runner add-on with a "copy issue" script behind it...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2016

Yes that would be ideal. Unfortunately for me I'm using OnDemand which is limiting for sure. Ragav may be using server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2016

Ahh, bother, you can only do the "create subtask/copy/clone" script with SR for Cloud, I think.

Suggest an answer