Drag & Drop in Scrum Backlog Stops Working Randomly

Dominique Archambault February 24, 2020

Greetings!

When organizing my backlog I drag stories from the backlog and drop them over to the epics and versions I want them to belong to. It is significantly faster than updating the stories, even in bulk.

But I very regularly encounter a problem.  Apparently randomly, the drag & drop function for stories in the backlog stops working: instead of dragging a story, the browser starts selecting text. Reloading the page restores the expected behaviour, but it wastes a significant amount of time.

Is there a way to prevent this issue from occurring in the first place? And is there anything faster than reloading that can restore story drag & drop?

Any help would be quite appreciated! Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2020

Hi Dominique!

What web browser are you using? I have experience that similar problems occur when using Internet Explorer 11, which in some cases behaves poorly.

Here is a list of supported browsers - Supported browsers 

Pavel

Dominique Archambault February 24, 2020

I am using Chrome version 80.x.

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2020

Oh, that's weird, it should work. Does he have the same problem as you and anyone else? It looks like there may only be a problem on your PC - some additional plug-in may be installed in Google Chrome that may affect Atlassian Cloud functionality.

Dominique Archambault February 25, 2020

Good question. I will ask around, but I have changed PC since the first occurrences and I still have the same issue. It happens more consistently after editing text fields from the backlog view. For some fields, such as the description of a version (from the Version panel), the weird behaviour happens immediately.

Suggest an answer