Does JIRA Core come included with JIRA Service Management with a server license?

4zzy November 17, 2020

Hello, 

I'm a bit confused with JIRA Core, I installed JIRA Service Desk (now JIRA Service Management) and JIRA Core came included with the installation. Does JIRA Core need its own license purchase or is there a free plan for 10 users? 

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi @4zzy , 

Jira Core is the "base" of the other Jira products (Jira Software and Jira Service Management). So it will always show in the "Applications" menu, because it is always installed in order for Jira to work.

However, that does not mean that you do have additional licences for it. If you purchase 10 Jira Service Management licences, you will only get 10 users on Jira and not one more.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

4zzy November 17, 2020

This helps thank you...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

One simple way to think of it is that when you get a licence for Jira Software or Jira Service Management, the people using those licence have a core licence included, so they can use all the underlying core functions (issues, workflow, fields, etc) that the application you have licenced relies on

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer