Do I need to install confluence if I am installing JIRA for eveluation .

Caroline Davoodi March 12, 2012

I am installing JIRA Trial base on external database . Do i need to install confluence to be able to configure jira web.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2012

Hi Caroline,

If you just want to use JIRA then you do not need to install Confluence. JIRA is a self contained application with its own web-based interface.

Hope that answers the question?

Andrew.

Caroline Davoodi March 12, 2012

When I am trying to configure JIRA from web "Http:// :8080/secure/setupdatabase" even though I am entering correct info still I am getting " -Error connecting to database Communication link failure the last packet send successfully to the server was 0 millisecond ago . The driver has not recieve any packet from the server."

what I am missing.

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2012

If JIRA and the database are on separate servers it could be a networking or firewall issue. From your JIRA server do you get a connection if you telnet from a terminal window / command prompt?

From the error message I'm assuming you're using MySQL? If so, it may be that MySQL is not configured to allow remote connections, have a look at http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-enable-remote-access-to-mysql-database-server.html for details on how to enable remote connections.

Andrew.

Caroline Davoodi March 13, 2012

Thanks , that was it .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events