Display message in transition screen

Sharadkumar Bangera December 21, 2020

Hello,

I have a custom field "Description" and i want this should show warning message "Your description field is empty, are you sure you want to procced" in Transition screen when someone resolve the tiket.

Please provide the steps how to proceed and also note the workflow is shared by 3 projects and i want this to be implemented only to 1 project, the other 2 should not get this warning message 

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020
  • Make a copy of your current workflow
  • make a screen to be used in your transition and include description field and any others you might want users to consider updating. I highly recommend requiring Resolution. 
  • Edit the copied workflow in Inactive section under admin>issues>workflows
  • click on the transition desired and add the new screen
  • add a Validator to the transition for field updated and choose descriptions. Choose to add error message. Repeat for Resolution if you chose to do so.
  • go back to your project setting > workflows and add workflow and locate the copied/edited one. 
  • associate all issue types desired for that project to this workflow. 
  • publish
Sharadkumar Bangera December 22, 2020

Thanks Jack for the quik reply but can you please confirm if it possible via behviour script.

When the resolution is any status and Change description is empty then the warning message should display,

can you please share a script

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2020

Please note that there is a follow up here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Behaviour-script-to-diplay-a-warning-message/qaq-p/1563109#U1565162

If possible, let us keep it in one place.

Suggest an answer