Behaviour script to diplay a warning message

Sharadkumar Bangera December 22, 2020

I have a custom field "Description" and i want this should show warning message "Your description field is empty, are you sure you want to procced" in Transition screen when someone resolve the tiket.

I want this to be executed via Behavior script , Can you please confirm how do i define script when Resolution is "any status" and if the Change description field is empty then display warning message

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2020

Hi Sharadkumar,

could you please confirm it is working for you using the validator approach?
A more detailer step-by-step guide is in the second thread from you here.

If this does not cut please let us know so somebody from Community can advise further.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

Hello @Sharadkumar Bangera ,

when you said "Behaviour Script" are you speaking about "Behaviour embeded in ScriptRunner"?

Best regards.

Hello @Juan José Marchal Gómez ,

Yes correct , i want to write a script in Behaviour-Manage apps

Where i define the project  but i m not sure how do i define script when Resolution is "any status" and if the Change description field is empty then display warning message

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2020

"On-Demand" or Cloud?

Hi @Juan José Marchal Gómez ,

Not Cloud, its Server/Data Center

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2020

Hi,

the same of my configurations.

I don't understand why you are not using "Validation Post-Function" with a "Transition Screen" using the workflow of the issue?

Is It not possible to show in the top of the same screen this message and not allow to save?

Best regards.

Suggest an answer