Display Sub-task custom fields on Parent Issue

KeriB December 19, 2011

Hello,

We want to display some fields from sub-tasks on their parent issue, and also display some additional linked issue fields. We are using JIRA 4.3 so unfortunately cannot do this from the Administration section yet. I found this stating how to add fields, http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Configuring+Sub-tasks#ConfiguringSub-tasks-ChoosingwhichSub-TaskfieldstodisplayontheParentIssue and we were able to add status. However, we also wanted to display some custom fields and cannot figure out how to put those in there. Does it involve the field ID or anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as displaying these custom fields is very important to my boss.

Thanks!

KeriB

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2011

KeriB

You're right to suspect that it involves the fieldID. Custom fields always have the id in the form customfield_xxxxx. To find the id of the custom field is easy, just open an advanced seacrh - if your custom field is called CustomField1, then type in Cus, the auto complete box will have a value like CustomField1 - cf[10002] - so now you know your custom field is actually customfield_10002. Now all you do is add this to the list of fields in your application properties, so that it now looks something like

jira.tables.cols.subtasks=issuetype, status, assignee, progress, customfield_10002

Cheers

James

KeriB January 3, 2012

Thank you very much, this worked perfectly for sub-tasks. Now, you don't happen to know anything about adding fields to the linked issue display do you? We can't figure out any way to make it work and I've seen others in here saying the changes don't work on linked issues, only sub-tasks. Any help would be appreciated!

Corinna Führing January 15, 2016

hello, where can i find the application properties in JIRA Core 6.3.15 ?

Vinod Mendem June 4, 2019

@tier-0 grump 

I have assigned story-points to the subtasks and I want to see them on the parent issue view.

Right now the fields configured are: issuetype, status, assignee, progress

I tried adding the custom field to that Comma Separated values but did not notice any change in the parent issue view.

New fields that I want to configure: issuetype, status, assignee, progress, customfield_10023

Can you please let me know if I have missed anything in the configuration.

Duy Truong July 11, 2021

I have the same problem. Add customfield but still can't see it on parent ticket column

Suggest an answer