It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Display Sub-task Resolution fields on Parent Issue

Display Sub-task Resolution fields on Parent Issue

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jan 20, 2020

Hi @binjan shah , unfortunately it is not possible to configure the displayed fields for the sub-task view in a parent issue. While there may be an addon that would afford a solution I am not familiar with one.

url: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Display-Sub-task-custom-fields-on-Parent-Issue/qaq-p/237885

above is the solution i found for the same but i am not able to find the id as mentioned in the resolution! can you help me out if you find the same by doing the menthod/steps mentioned in the link.

FYI: i have jira version 4.4.4

0 votes
Mirek Community Leader Jan 20, 2020

Wow! Jira 4.4.4? Really? :) That was a long time ago :)

I get you point @binjan shah .. You want to view some sub-tasks values on the parent (were is the sub-tasks section).

That was possible by modifying the property jira.table.cols.subtasks

Since 4.4 this is no longer done via jira-application.properties file.. You should be able to go to Advanced Settings and have it there.

If you want to have a resolution field I think you do not need a ID since this is a system field.. I think that was reserved to custom fields.. Simply try "resolution".. I am checking this API and see "resolution" as a field so it might work (cannot verify this since no longer having 4.4 installed :))

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/4.4/func-test-javadoc/com/atlassian/jira/webtests/ztests/bundledplugins2/rest/client/Issue.Fields.html

Anyway if you need an ID you need to hover over any operation related to a specific custom field (e.g Edit) to see the ID in your URL (or database, but this is more complex solution)

Yes i have tried the same but changes didnt reflect!!.

Mirek Community Leader Jan 23, 2020

Just to make sure.. Did you restarted Jira after applying the parameters?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you