It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Disable "Raising requests on behalf of customers" option

Good day to everyone,

I am somewhat new to JIRA and need to get things working real quick.

How do I disable option "Raising requests on behalf of customers"? for my customers?

I really don't want them )))

thanks in advance!

4 answers

Revoke permission "Modify reporter" from "Service desk customers - portal access" in the project permission scheme

2018-08-30: Hi Gregory, Thank you for you tipp: this worked! Removing the field "Reporter" from the mask make NO difference.

Caveats: as an Administrator, You may want to keep the permission to change the reporter so yourself will always see the field "Raising requests on behalf of customers" on the mask.

This worked for me as well.  Thanks!

Ditto. 

1. Project Settings

2. Permission Schemes

3. Edit 'Modify Reporter'

4. Select Admin or whoever. 

Test Service Desk portal by a Incognito browser to test. Works well. Thanks all

Hi,

can anyone say how dept name will appear by default in the customer portal? if any user tries to make request?

if you are looking to stop clients raising tickets on behalf of other clients (or other users within the same client), just remove the Reporter field from the customer portal.

Thanks!) That worked beautifully

Hey! How can I remove the Reporter field from the customer portal?

You cant. 

The "Raise this request on behalf of" field is standard and cannot be removed.

When logging a new ticket, the system will need to recognise who the user is, and also who they could raise a ticket on behalf of depending on which organisation they are part of.

this field can be very useful when using add-ons such as insight where the system recognises the user, and then populates fields such as which company they are raising it from, which products they are raising tickets about, an any relational data in insight that you would like to make visible to them. It also helps when using insight as they may be part of multiple sites so they can then use this relational data to select a specific option.

You suggested to remove Reporter from the customer portal, then you state it cannot be removed. Which one wins?

Like # people like this

@Tim Patrick Can I modify the name from "Raise this request on behalf of" to "Request Originator" ?

Like # people like this

Hi @Nani ,

"Can we modify the message Raise this request on behalf of?"

Were you able to fix this?

We don't mind the field, but hate the share with company selection at the bottom of the ticket. Is there a way to remove it?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you