Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Disable button if it´s in determined status

Hello!,

so, Is there a way in a Jira workflow to "disable" cancel button if ticket is in a particular status?.

I´m trying to prevent user to cancel ticket if the transition is in a particular status we have internally for the client we are working on. 

Then if the ticket transition to next status, cancel button should be available again.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

There might be two things you are talking about here.

It might be the cancel button on the workflow pop-up where users are being asked for more information while they do the transition.  I can't think of a good reason you would want to do that - all it does is make it harder to cancel the transition before it completes.  And you could do that by just refreshing the page anyway.

The second one is that you have got "cancel" as a transition in your workflow.  If this is the case, then you should edit your workflow and look at the cancel transition.  You want to remove it from going out from the "particular status"

Thank you Nic, yes second option is the one I was looking for.

Sorry for not clear out propertly.

Regards!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you