Disable Tempo plugin for certain projects for version 9.3 and newer

Deleted user October 22, 2019

How can we disable the Tempo Plugin for certain projects?
I.e. not to show Tempo section in issues view screen?

4 answers

3 votes
Pouján (Jiralísta) June 19, 2020

Not being able to disable Tempo for certain projects (or even better: enable it only for certain projects) is simply not acceptable. If this issue is not resolved I will stop recommending Tempo to my clients. Jira is used for various application domains and it is annoying and unprofessional to see the Tempo panel under issues that have nothing to do with Tempo. Hope to hear some good news here.

Cheers

0 votes
Drew Henderson November 17, 2021

Same issue.

Rob_Huntley_Tempo November 17, 2021

Hello Drew,

While a feature in Tempo may not exist today, the development team at Tempo are actively refining their products for their customers.

I suggest going to the Tempo Ideas Portal:  https://www.tempo.io/idea-portal and requesting this feature be included in a future release.

Rob

Drew Henderson November 17, 2021

Thanks Bob, Done

0 votes
PVS
Banned
October 23, 2019

you can find some helpful documentation here.
To restrict worklogs project wise you should give the "time tracking permission" to a project role rather than a JIRA group. Then you should add the users to that project role per project.
Hope that helps.

0 votes
PVS
Banned
October 23, 2019

HI @[deleted] 

it is not possible to disable Tempo for specific Projects in JIRA but you can control who can log work through the "Work on Issue" Project permission. (This will affect logging work both in JIRA and Tempo)
With this, users will not see the Tempo section and the Log work link in the Issue view. When logging work in Timesheet view, they get an error that they do not have permission to log work on the Issue.

Thanks,

PVS

Deleted user October 23, 2019

Hi @PVS  

many thanks for your reply.
We already did this but still, the tempo section is displayed below each issue. See attached screenshot. Displaying the "Plan Time" option of the plugin does not make any sense for us since the users of the project do no have the permission to use the plugin but it´s still partly displayed.Tempo.PNG

senthilkumarn June 6, 2021

Hi I dont have a Tempo license anymore, but I am not able to access all the featuers. 

Note: We were using Tempo Plugin in our JIRA cloud from 2019 to 2020 and we stopped it but we dint uninstall the app from our account and we are not using it as well.

But When I check now I see the app is still there and I am able to log hours in it. 

Is this something free or is there any limitation to for free usage? 

can someone help me on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events