Difference in search autocomplete results

Wim Kerstens January 27, 2017

If I go into Issues -> Search for issues the autocomplete behavior is not what I was expecting.

(I was expecting that all the Hs would be highlighted)

search autocomplete only first char.png

but if I want to add a field in the screen config, I do see the autocomplete behavior functioning as I was expecting.

search autocomplete all char.png

I'm trying to understand what the difference is and ideally have the same autocomplete behavior in the "Search for issues".

Regards,

Wim Kerstens

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user January 27, 2017

Hi @Wim Kerstens

When you typing the below is shows you all the projects beginning with letter H

project = H

for example if you type the below you will see all users whose name starts with H

assignee = H

below you have some examples you can try to use - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-764478330.html

Wim Kerstens January 27, 2017

Hi Tomasz Mista

Yes, I do realize this. The question is why there is a difference in both examples I've posted.

The Issues -> Search Issues only uses the first character and in the field value (in screen config) not only the first character is highlighted but also in the middle of the name. I do not understand what the cause of this is.

We want the same behavior also for the Search Issues. Since we have many projects it would be much more usable if we can lookup a project by typing a part of the project's name.

e.g.

project A Sweden

project B France

project C Sweden

I would expect that if I start typing "S" the list of proposed results would include "project A Sweden" and "project C Sweden"

In our case now it would have zero results because none of the project names start with an S.

Regards,

Wim

Like Daniel Rositano likes this

Suggest an answer