Difference between Due Date and Planned End

Gregory Demotchkine September 10, 2013

Does anyone know the difference between the between Due Date and Planned End?

Or rather in what case using a planned end is advantageous?

Due Date is sufficient enough and nicely integrated with Loging Time, so I expect to use the Due Date as an indicator for developers/other actors for when there issue must be finished/delivered.

Seeing that Planned End is also a stantard field in JIRA and has a 'companion' Planned Start.... what's the additional purpose behind this ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2013

Hey there, Gregory.

As far as I know, there is no default field of Planned End or Planned Start in JIRA. May I know whether you are using any third-party plugins in your JIRA instance? Perhaps the following:

Warm regards,

Danial

Gregory Demotchkine September 10, 2013

Yes indeed, I was in error when I said that these were standard fields, it is indeed 2 custom fields introduced by Gantt...

I have not tried using GANTT much yet, I'd be curious to know how would the Jira Due Date and Gannt Planned end would correlate...

Like Iman mohammadi likes this
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2013

Hey there, Gregory.

If that is the case, you might wanna contact the plugin vendor if you need this to be addressed soon.

Else, we can also wait for others to share their thoughts about this. I am sure that some users can also provide a good explanation about this. Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer