Development / Production Environment

Jose Otavio Silva May 6, 2013

Hi,

I m new on working with Jira, and I ve been used, for an example, to develop the changes for an application locally and then upload the code, scripts and everything that is necessary to these changes to the homologation environment and if it s everything ok to the production environment.

Is it possible to have this flow with Jira development? I ask this because almost everything (issue types, screens, workflow) is developed directly in Jira.

thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013
0 votes

I m so frustated with this...

And Bamboo? I know it s not a free way, but doesn't it do this job?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Bamboo is for CI. It has nothing to do with how you manage your JIRA staging and production environment

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Unfortunately no. You will have to document the steps and recreate it on the production setup.

0 votes

Thanks Buhshan...

But, if I understanded it well, the steps that Svante suggested it s like a workaround. And the document that you pointed I ve already read it, and it is a moving from Production to Development... so all the data (including the issues) is beeing passed to the development environment... or am I missing something?

If not... there s no other way to do this?

Suggest an answer