Development Panel not displaying even though Source tab is displayed on issue detailed screen.

Mikolaj Toczek March 7, 2018

Hi,

I have a problem with my Jira / Bitbucket instances that affects only some projects - for others it works fine. There are two cases :

a) In one project, when commits are made with a Jira issue key in the commit message,

they are displayed in the 'Source' tab of the issue, but not in the development panel

b) In another project, commits with a Jira issue key in the commit message do not appear

anywhere in Jira at all - neither in the Source tab nor in the development panel

For other projects it works fine, that's why my first thought was permissions, but I set it up in the permission scheme that anyone within the project has the 'View Development Tools' permission, and it doesn't help at all.

I also saw this, but using the refresh on project's development tools tab or waiting any amount of time (this has been going on for weeks, I also tried restarting Jira while Bitbucket is on) has not helped either.

Any ideas, of what else I should check?

Versions are :

Jira Software Server 7.6.2

Bitbucket Server 5.6.2

2 answers

1 vote
Tamas Csabina January 23, 2020

Had this issue...

For many issues under several projects the Development panel was visible, but I was struggling to show the commits for some new projects.

Application links were already there, and working fine.

Added the new project into Fisheye, of course, but still no Development panel.

At the end it turned out that until a Review is not created, the Development panel will not show.

So just create a review right out of Fisheye, and the Development panel becomes visible. Even if you immediately delete the review.

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Mikolaj,

Check if the development tools setup is correctly configured at the project configuration screen under Development tools.

It should be a link to bitbucket with the view commits permission enabled.

If that's ok we need to keep looking

Mikolaj Toczek March 9, 2018

Hi and thanks for your reply,

The link to Bitbucket looks correct - the URL points to the right application and there are several capabilities listed, including view commits. It generally looks the same way as in the other project where the issue doesn't occur. 

Like Byeong-ook Lee likes this

Suggest an answer