Depending fields in JIRA screens

Hi erveryone,

ist there any possibility to define depending fields in jira? F.e. if i had 2 fields:

field 1: duration in months

field 2: workers per month

f.e. if field one's value is '4' months and field two's value is '3' the value of the field 'complexity' should be 'middle'. I know that theres no option in jira but can i do this with script runner and how can i realize it?

appreciate your answers

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Celik Vedat,

You can perform field-dependent calculations using the Power Scripts add-on.

We've actually put together a related, quick video tutorial that walks through all the steps you need to take to set this up. And we've also included the sample code we used, so you can just copy and paste it to test for yourself.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

We dont use power script in our enterprise, do you maybe have some examples for script runner?

1 vote
Joe Pitt Community Champion Dec 01, 2017

Not out of the box. You may be able to do with scripting or there may be a plugin in the marketplace. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

384 views 4 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you