Delete sub-tasks on transition or set them back to open

Rok Antolic September 9, 2015

I created a mandatory sub-task approval system thanks to Bob Swift - Create on Transition addon. For each group sub-task is created and if all subtasks are confirmed issue automatically jumps into next phase. Now we will also need the possibility to get back step or two (manually atm) and when that happens we would want sub-tasks to either be deleted or set to open again. Do you have any suggestions how to do that? Thanks smile

Rok

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2015

I don't know how to delete the issue on transition, but transitioning the subtask would be easy.

Here's the documentation. You only need one free plugin and a workflow post-function. No scripting necessary.

Have fun!

Rok Antolic September 10, 2015

Thanx :), I'll look into it!

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2015

Transitioning to open is probably better. Do you know the conditions under which this should occur? And the transition that could evaluate the conditions to determine whether or not the sub-tasks should be transitioned to open? If you know this and the conditions can be expressed using similar conditioning use for Create on Transition, then the same technique can be used with Update on Transition for JIRA using the Transition issues support.

Rok Antolic September 10, 2015

I will check into it, thanx once again :)

Suggest an answer