Default value of a custom field is not selected

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

I can not explain following behavior.

We are using a plugin for importing and updating issue from a provider. There is a required custom field that is not populated while creating the issue (we need to check the plugin- but that is another question) .

So here is the question. I have now an issue where I have an empty field (Severity) which by field configuration is required and also has a default value (Normal). If I edit the issue there is immediately a value displayed in that field (Blocker). Can someone explain why 'Blocker' appears in that field and not the default value 'Normal'?

Thanks,

Udo

2 answers

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

No I don't. One more thing I just found out. Blocker is obviosly picked because it's the first of the options. But still the question remains why the default is not selected.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2013

You don't have any scripts attached to that field (e.g. behaviours, JS)?

Suggest an answer