Default status for a sub-task

Steven Dion February 16, 2016

Hi

How can I set the default status at the creation of a sub-task. Right now, the default value is the same as the Issue (New), but I want thesub-task to be set as To Do, while the default for the Issue remains at New.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

Create a new Workflow for your Sub-Task issue types and update your project's workflow scheme. For that new workflow, set the initial status to "To Do".

0 votes
Steven Dion February 18, 2016

Thanks to both of you. I created a new worklow just for the sub-tasks, and it's working fine.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2016

Accept our answers then smile Cheers!

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2016

What Gabrielle said; alternately, if you want it on the same workflow so that moving from task-to-subtask doesn't require a workflow migration, you can fast track a transition in a post-function on the Create Issue transition, with the condition being that the issue type is a sub-task.

Suggest an answer