Default Resolution value in Jira vs. Jira Service Desk

Jane Sherman January 10, 2018

I had set the Resolution value of "Done" as the Default in Jira.   In Jira, this just puts "Done" as the value in the Resolution field on our transition screens.

The Service Desk admin (I don't have rights) told me that when they create Service Desk tickets and "Done" is the Default, that the Resolution is set to Done when a ticket is created.    

Is that true?   Seems like a bad design from Atlassian.

We removed the Default setting on the Resolution field.   Now in Jira, you have to actually select Done - the Resolution field doesn't have a value on the transition screen.   Not the perfect solution, but it works.

1 answer

0 votes
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2018

Hi,

yes it is true. The defaults are set to its values while creating.

But in the workflow you can add a default resolution setting to the transition. This may work for you.
You can select the (e.g) "resolve" transition and in the right mask of its settings, you should be able to configure the "postfunctions" of the transition. You can select "add postfunction" and after that choose "update issue field" and set the default resolution of this transition to "done".

Suggest an answer