Database Values Plugin : How to update options without restarting Jira

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

Hi,

I noticed that if I update or insert something in the database table used by a jdvp field, I have to restart Jira to see the change in the interface.

Is there a way to update the options without restarting Jira?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

By default, there is a cache timeout, so it will not go to the database all of the time, unless you put that at 0. So, or you put the timeout at 0, or you wait for the timeout, or you do like you have done with disable and reenable.

0 votes
Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2013

I found it! If I restart the plugin (disable and the enable), the customfield's options and values are updated, without restarting Jira.

Suggest an answer