Dashboard Gadget Using Project Category Edited

I'd like to build a dashboard gadget based on Issues created for projects in a specific project category.  I created a filter for project categories, but am not having any luck finding that filter in any of the available options for the dashboard gadgets.  How can I create a Two Dimentional Filter Statistics gadget using the project category filter?  I ultimately want my project cateory filter to be an option or my X or Y axis and it is not an option. 

1 answer

0 vote

Hi @Laura Casanta,

There is not a straightforward way to do this out of the box. What you might do to work around this, is create a create separate filters for each Project Category and instead of using a two dimensional filter statistics gadget, use e.g. pie charts (which offer a nice graphical representation of 1 dimension) for each category.

Whether this approach is suitable largely depends on the number of project categories you have and whether they remain somewhat stable. 

I'll give it a shot, thank you for the reply and suggestion! 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

637 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you