Customizing email notifications

Gavriil Tsakiridis June 4, 2014

Hi

The link you suggested describes how to do in in confluence, as far as i know I don't have the confluence, just Jira on demand, however I believe there is a similar way but still I don't know where to find the templates. I see the paths provided in the discussion but I don't know where to get there from on demand.

thanks

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2014

Hello,

If you were in a Standalone, you could customize the mail template vm files at $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email directory. You would find vm files for each event in JIRA and one folder for text emails and another folder for html emails.

You can find more information at Customizing Email Content page.

Since you are in a OnDemand, I believe the plugin will be the best approach.

Cheers.

1 vote
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2014

A new project, JEMH for OnDemand (JEMH-OD), will be going into BETA soon, part of that will be the ability to customize email templates. But:

a) Currently, due to the nature of OnDemand, it is not possible to create Comments on behalf of JIRA users, so JIRA users cannot make effective use of JEMH-OD. Atlassian has plans for per-user opt-in which when implemented will allow us to add a user preference to enable this behaviour, meantime, we work to support email only users.

b) Due to the nature of OnDemand, the rich event model of JIRA is condensed somewhat (Create/Update/Delete/Worklog). Potentially this is a good thing.

Templated notifications in JEMH-OD can be narrowed to (a) Email only users (JIRA users supported after AC-1080 is implemented), a given project where the template is used (JEMH for Download works in much the same way)

If you are interested in being part of the beta! please mail sales@thepluginpeople.comand indicate your instance size (beta is looking for a range of instance sizes).

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2015

You can try out our plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo for sending custom emails from JIRA On-demand. 

It is possible to use JQL for fine-filtering which issues users will be notified about. Also, we support fully customizable  message body, subject and destinations. Then can be dynamic as well, for example, destinations from custom fields in JIRA Issue.

0 votes
Gavriil Tsakiridis June 15, 2014

ok, I guess I'll have to wait for JEMH then.

0 votes
Gavriil Tsakiridis June 8, 2014

I want to include in the subject some of the issue fields such as status and some custom ones.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2014

See https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/124133/jemh-for-on-demand, JEMH for OnDemand (not yet avail) has the ability to extract custom field values, you can place them wherever you want, subject even.

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2014

And I HIGHLY recommend JEMH. I love it. We use it in a couple of Jira instances and I'm really really happy to see it come to on-demand world.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

If it is Jira OnDemand, you cannot customize email templates. If it is self hosted, you can, but keep in mind that they are a global thing so it would apply to every mail sent from the system. What are you looking to customize specifically?

Suggest an answer