JEMH for on-demand

OB - Dave Bruseker January 13, 2013

Hi does anyone know when a Jira on-demand compatible version of JIRA Extendable Mail Handler will be in production. We are currently using version: 0.9.8-1 with Jira 4.4 but as this Jira version is no longer supported from 31/12/2013 we need to know if we can wait for the on-demand service or need to do an intermediate step of moving to a 5.X Jira version.

ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-5649 does not seem to done anyhting for this.

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2013

Not a clue, we're not Atlassian.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy for the official line (which is tentatively "mid-2013". Atlassian's estimates like that are generally not far off, but don't rely on it - it might be earlier, it could easily be later)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2014

Yay! I can stop saying "sorry, you need JEMH, but you can't have it OnDemand" at people!

Excellent news!

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2014

-- UPDATE JEMH for OnDemand. as demo'd at Atlascamp 2014, we have an evolving version of JEMH for OnDemand. Its taking shape an will be ready for BETA users in a month or so, a strictly limited number of beta users will be invited, hoping for a mix in sizes, send your request to sales@thepluginpeople.com, ta!

0 votes
Jan Michael Te April 14, 2014

HI Andy,

Is there new update here with regards to OnDemand version of JEMH?

Regards,

Jan

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

Hi Jan,

Its actively in development and is structurally there. I hope to open up to beta testers this month.

I've created an issue and put down some basic background on where we are with development, watch that issue for updates.

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-2370

0 votes
Reena Turak July 24, 2013

Thanks Andy for the info. It would great to have JEMH for On Demand :)

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2013

Yes Andy, having your plugin to ondemand too will be amazing

0 votes
Reena Turak July 24, 2013

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the info Andy.

I am trying to set up Jira On demand as helpdesk. The main problem is to
send out customize email notification to non jira users on events like
Issue creation and closing.
I tried to reach Jira support team for configuring SMTP for On demand Jira,
but i think that's not going to work.
Could you please guide me a way out to do this.

Thanks,
Reena.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2013

This is a limitation of the OnDemand platform. If you want flexibility now, you need to host your own instance.

0 votes
Reena Turak July 23, 2013

Hi Andy,

When do you expecting On Demand flavour of JEMH.

JEMH Wiki link is not working.

Thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2013

Hi Reena,

Well, P3 is dead, long live Atlassian Connect!

I have a vision for a JEMH OnDemand ground-up rewrite, and will have to take account of the limitations. It's a huge undertaking, but thanks to a couple of new recruits, this could well turn into a beta-reality in the coming months. if you are interested in announcements relating to this, sign up on The Plugin People forums:

- https://getsatisfaction.com/thepluginpeople

I had a little alteraction with Oracle, had to rebrand; enter The Plugin People, you can find JEMH documentation at:

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/JEMH+Home

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

Hi,

At this time there are no immediate plans to attempt an OnDemand flavour of JEMH as the level of integration is such that the even with the upcoming remotable Plugins3 framework, it unlikley it would be anywhere close to usable, nevermind requiring a hosting application, its a huge huge undertaking but is cretainly not off the table.

All doco is on JEMH Wiki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events