Customize the "Create linked issue" Screen

Christian Pascher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2016

Hi,

is it possible to configure the shown custom fields on the "Create linked issue" screen + adding tabs?

The only way I found was setting the specific custom fields "required" in the Field Configuration but they shouldn't be always mandatory.

28 answers

6 votes
Shaun Smith June 30, 2016

@Christian Pascher Did you ever find an answer to your query? I would love to know too.

3 votes
Andreas Hellwig November 26, 2019

definitely +1
Though I noticed that mandatory fields are displayed on the create linked issue screen. You just have to set the desired fields mandatory in the corresponding field configuration scheme for the issuetype and they appear on the create linked issue-screen.
Its not an optimal solution and not always applicable but it helped me at least on some occasions, so I hope it could be of use to someone here

3 votes
Chris Purser August 30, 2016

+1 - especially something as simple as Assignee should be avaialble.

Bartłomiej Mitura March 15, 2019

Precisely!

Like Michał Popielnicki likes this
Goncalo Froes May 19, 2020

Agree!

2 votes
Muhammad Akram Sharifi May 3, 2021

Hi Friends

I have discover a new way of added fields to the Create linked issue screen. 

maybe someone will need it. 

1-create a new fields configuration scheme. 

2-Create a copy of the default Field configuration and rename it to the project name 

3- add the field confguration to the new scheme you have created. 

4- go the project and and change the field configuration the New one you have created. 

5-make those field required on the project configuration "the one you have copied"

6- add those field to the create screen of the issue type.

7- Please note to Not dis associate any screen from the field in the new field configuration it will cause to lose the field from other projects. 

as you make required the field in the New configuration it wont affect any other project. 

Please do not forget to vote if it works for you. 

tempsnip.png

Tom H May 3, 2021

Hi Muhammed,

Thanks for posting this. Using required fields in the existing Field configuration should also work. I tried that out earlier. For projects that are not Service Desk enabled, this is a great interim solution. My case with Service Desk projects is that typically the field I wish to mandate should also NOT be present on the Service Desk form. Unfortunately, we can't have both worlds in this case. If you make a field required on a Service Desk project, you MUST include that field in the RequestType form as well. So, until there is a permanent fix from Atlassian, I am stuck unless someone knows of another work around that also works with Service Desk.

Thanks!

-Tom

Muhammad Akram Sharifi May 7, 2021

I haven’t tried yet on service projects i will post here if i can find anything 

making a field required on request screen is for customers view but for agent view I will give it a try.

Muhammad Akram Sharifi June 10, 2021

Hi @Tom H  

Please let me know if you are find out something for your case, really interested to know

1 vote
Denis Zvonov November 26, 2020

so it is the end of 2020, the problem has not been solved at least since 2016. Perfect work, Atlassian!

1 vote
Alex Shmakov May 8, 2019

Hi, Community!
Please place all your +1's on this issue and vote for it.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3917 

1 vote
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2018

+1

1 vote
Robert Kühberger October 26, 2016

I think here is the issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-3917

1 vote
Christian Pascher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2016

@Shaunna Bennett-Smith unfortunately not.

0 votes
André Santos May 5, 2021

0 votes
Muhammad Akram Sharifi May 2, 2021

Hi Friend

I have discover a very easy way to add custom fields in the Create linked issue screen. 

after digging deep, and it worked for me posting the procedure here in case Someone needs it. Please Accept the answer. 

1- find out if you are using shared field configuration. mostly people using default field and share it with all project.

2- create a new field configuration scheme

3- make a copy of the default field configuration scheme and rename it as your project. 

4- add the desired custom field to the create Screen of your project issue type. 

5- Make the desired custom field required on the " project field configuration" 

6- be advice DO NOT dis associate any screen from new Configuration. 

linkedissue.png

0 votes
michirod July 21, 2020

I had this issue and I created a browser extension that may be helpful for someone else.

It's good enough for me.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/jira-create-linked-issue

0 votes
Goncalo Froes July 7, 2020

+1

0 votes
Mariusz Siennicki July 7, 2020

+1

0 votes
Mark June 4, 2020

+1

0 votes

+1 we need it!

0 votes
Greg Knapp April 1, 2020

+1

0 votes
luiz.duarte November 18, 2019

+1

0 votes
Nina Zolotova November 8, 2019

+1. Still need this

0 votes
Brian Spears October 29, 2019

+1,000,000

0 votes
Subham Patra August 23, 2019

+1 wold like to implement on one of my project. Let me know if anyone found a way!!!!

0 votes
Suporte Diferencial TI July 12, 2019

+1

0 votes
Tyler Pospisil February 25, 2019

+1

0 votes
Dean Bjældager February 21, 2019

+1

0 votes
Emre Ucan January 15, 2019

+1 Jira where it excels what it does, but fail horribly when it is not the default.

Suggest an answer