Customize JIRA as helpdesk Knowledge Base

I'm pretty new to JIRA and I would like to create a new "knowledge base" workflow and screens.

It should be tagged/categorized hierarchically.

I need only few fields on a screen:

• Question
  • Answer
  • Attachments
  • Comments
  • Category
  • Tags
  • Created by, Create date etc.

The workflow/issue types are simple:

• Resolved question
  • In-progress question

Thank you all.

3 answers

• All JIRA issues must use the summary field. That would be where you put your question.
  • Components field would map to category.
  • Labels, comments, attachments, created by and created date fields are there out of the box.
  • Answer could be a custom field you add.
  • You can make your own workflow with the simple process you described. Start here for instructions on custom fields and workflows: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=370704876

One other thing to consider: How will this KB setup in JIRA integrate with the rest of your processes? For example, we use JIRA for incident management and KB content, so we integrated the two. We tag resolved incident tickets that meet our KB quality requirements as "Solution Candidates". Once an approver verifies it, the candidate ticket is tagged as a Verified Solution that then shows up in solution lists for anyone searching for answers. So, the KB workflow is integrated with the Incident Management workflow and the KB content reuses the content generated during incident management to minimize duplication and time spent creating KB content. Considering the overall fit will affect how you decide to set up your system and how efficient the system is.

Thank you I'll try and I'll come back.

What exactly is your question? Are you wanting some hints on how to do this or wondering where to find the documentation for screens, workflows, etc?

The documentation was a little bit confusing and fine-grained for me. I'm looking for a tutorial or a step-by-step publication.

JIRA documentation is great but it's too "much" I feel I'm lost :(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,764 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you