Customer group / manager as approver.

Thomas Bojer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2018

Hi All.

Is there any possibility to make a custom field with list of users in reporters own organization.

It is a service desk, so if any of my customers request a new feature that have a cost, then I need an approver from the reporters organization.

I know how to set up the approval part, and I can also put in a custom field (single user), but can't figure out how to limit the list of users in the search box only to the customer organization.

1 answer

0 votes
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Actually, you are one step away to achieve what you are looking for! So you have created the custom field User Picker (single user) and then all you need to do is to click on the Configure on the Custom Field page. Under the Default Configuration Scheme for <custom field name>, you can set the User Filtering and then choose to get the User list from a User group or Project Role. In your case, since you are trying to show only the users from the Service Desk customers, then you can use the Project Role and choose the Service Desk Customers project role (if you are using the default Project Role).

I hope that this helps. 

Cheers,
Moga

Suggest an answer