Please help me answer a couple of questions to convince a colleague to use Jira. Thanks.
1. Does adding a custom field require admnistrative rights or can a project admin do it?
2. Does adding a custom field require "rebuilding the database" and taking the system down or finding a "quiet time"?
3. Does adding a custom field to a project affect other projects in any way?
1. Yes, adding custom fields requires at least JIRA Administrators global permission. Project Admin Role without JIRA Admin permission cannot add custom fields
2. When a custom field is added, re-indexing JIRA is recommended. You can choose to run Background Re-index which may take some time depending on the size of your JIRA instance but will allow users to access JIRA during the re-index
3. No, you can configure new custom fields for specific projects and/or issue types without affecting the others
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs