Custom field "Approver groups" context & default value do not work

Ketan Joshi June 1, 2022

Hi All-

Configuration details

1. As can be seen in the screenshot, I restricted the applicability of Approver groups custom field from Jira to Issue type "Change" and also set a default value to a group I created. "CAB approver group"

2. I then made the approver group custom type mandatory

The problem I am facing

When I navigate to my Project Settings, I get an error message " The service project has configuration problems and may not work as expected. View Error Details and Repair the problem". When I click the link, I see the message as listed in the screenshot 3. It asks me to set a value for approver group individually for all the issue types 

Further, when I try to enforce approval for a workflow applicable to only change management, the approver group field disappears 

Question

1. Why is  the tool even considering approver groups for  request types other than changes when I have restricted the applicability of approver group to "Change"

2. Why is the tool asking me to set a default value manually for each user type despite setting a default value for the approver group,

3. Why has approver group field not visible when I try to add approval step to the workflow applicable to change management

Approval group context edit from custom fields.png

Approver group mandatory.PNG

approver group missing.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events