Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Custom field "Approver groups" context & default value do not work

Edited

Hi All-

Configuration details

1. As can be seen in the screenshot, I restricted the applicability of Approver groups custom field from Jira to Issue type "Change" and also set a default value to a group I created. "CAB approver group"

2. I then made the approver group custom type mandatory

The problem I am facing

When I navigate to my Project Settings, I get an error message " The service project has configuration problems and may not work as expected. View Error Details and Repair the problem". When I click the link, I see the message as listed in the screenshot 3. It asks me to set a value for approver group individually for all the issue types 

Further, when I try to enforce approval for a workflow applicable to only change management, the approver group field disappears 

Question

1. Why is  the tool even considering approver groups for  request types other than changes when I have restricted the applicability of approver group to "Change"

2. Why is the tool asking me to set a default value manually for each user type despite setting a default value for the approver group,

3. Why has approver group field not visible when I try to add approval step to the workflow applicable to change management

Approval group context edit from custom fields.png

Approver group mandatory.PNG

approver group missing.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you