Custom field not appearing in issue detail page

Rich Gange September 25, 2019

Good day - I have a series of custom fields setup and they typically won't show on the issue detail page (the main page that displays when you first land on an issue) until I populate a value - that's good, I don't want to see a load of empty fields on that screen so I like that feature. 

However, I have a custom date field that won't display even when I do populate it with a value. 

Is there a way to configure which fields do and do not display on the issue detail page that I don't know about because if there is, I assume I can easily adjust this so it does display any my problem will go away? 

If this isn't configurable, can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Rich

1 answer

0 votes
Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

Hello Rich, 

There three different screens associated with each issue (Create, Edit, View).
If you can see the field in the first screen (Create) but not in either of the other two (Edit, View) you will need to manually add it.  

If you have admin permissions you can find the screen scheme and the individual screens in the Project Settings -> Summary -> Screens.

Let me know if this helps at all. 

Rich Gange September 26, 2019

Hi Zoi - thanks for taking a look and coming back to me. Clicking on Screens from the project settings takes me to details of the associated Screen Schemes which I can then edit but I see no option allowing me to configure whether a specific field appears on Create, Edit or View. 

I'm clearly missing something very obvious...?!

Rich

Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

Hello Rich, 

You can find the screens in the Project Settings -> Screens section. I am attaching a screenshot of my screen list. 

Annotation 2019-09-26 090519.png

Rich Gange September 27, 2019

Thanks Zoi - so for some reason, I don't see that. I see the different screen schemes I have associated to the different issue types within the project but nothing else. I have admin access so maybe it's a version thing. Any ideas?

Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2019

Hi Rich, 

How odd. You should be able to see them even if they have the same configuration. 
Which version of Jira are you using?

In some cases fields can be visible to some users on under specific circumstances. Are you using any automations or scriptrunner behaviours in your instance?

Rich Gange September 27, 2019

Hi Zoi - no, nothing like that I am aware of. We're running v7.13.1. 

Vince Clark October 27, 2022

Hi there did you manage to find a solution i have the same issue i have 2 custom fields which display when under description but not visible when i move them to the detail section 

Vince 

Suggest an answer