Custom field marked as required but is not reflecting as a mandatory field

shravya chinthapatla April 28, 2021

Hi

I have made a custom field required, but it is not reflecting as a mandatory filed in Jira. PFB screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

please let me know if there is any limitations for making mandatory fields for each issue type.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@shravya chinthapatla First thing I would check is that the Field Configuration is correctly mapped to the Field Configuration Scheme which is being used by the project that you are trying to set the field in.

Within this scheme, you can map different issue types to different field configurations, so I would check this configuration an see if it's set up correctly

0 votes
shravya chinthapatla April 28, 2021

@Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ Thankyou. Issue resolved

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@shravya chinthapatla Glad to hear it! If the above answer was the correct solution, feel free to hit the Accept Answer button as it may be helpful to other Community members in the future with a similar question

Suggest an answer