Custom field in Customer and Organisation

Timo Tyrakowski November 1, 2020

Hello everybody!

Currently we are using Frehsdesk as a classic ticket system.

In the meantime we have grown and have to display various processes in a linked way. Jira seems to be the right way. Now I have the following questions:

In Freshdesk we could deposit several contacts per organization. So far this is also possible with Jira.

But now we could also store information like phone number, mobile number or maybe customer number per contact (direct reference for API and third party systems)

I can't find a way to create and assign custom fields to the organization or customer.

For example, if a customer who is logged in with max@muster.de and we maintain a phone number is contacting us a second time, the phone number should already be displayed in the fields on the right side of the ticket.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

Hi @Timo Tyrakowski ,

this functionality is not present in Jira Service Desk by default. This requires an add-on. For example Atlas CRM. It is also possible to build a solution with Insight.

Regards, Marco

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213313/atlas-crm-customers-and-sales-in-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212137/insight-asset-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Timo Tyrakowski November 2, 2020

Thanks for the information. In the meantime I also came across this Atlas CRM. How can it be that a tool as comprehensive as Jira, which has individual fields everywhere, does not represent them in the customer and organization area? If I understand it correctly, I can't build external push services because the customer doesn't have a unique identifier for me ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events