Custom field context not working?

Hege Auglænd March 15, 2017

Hi, I have a custom label field with a context for each project that uses the field. However, if I create a label in Project 1, the label is available for Project 2 too. I thought that since both Project 1 and 2 have separate contexts they would not share labels? How do I configure the field if I don't want Project 2 to see the labels used by Project 1?

image2017-3-15 12:35:3.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2017

Ah, for most custom field types, you have the right idea.

However, a label is a global field - one of the points of the label is to allow cross-project labelling.  Your contexts control where it appears, but every label in use in the field is global.

If you want different label sets, you need to use different label type fields.  For example Labels_1 for projects 1, 2 and 3, and then Labels_2 for project A, labels_3 for project C and so on.

Rudi Wagner April 4, 2022

I have the same problem.
I can understand your reasoning for the default "Labels" field but not for custom fields. What is the context of a label custom field good for if not seperating them by e.g. project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

That's exactly what the field context is for, for most custom fields.

Labels are different, please see my answer

Suggest an answer