Custom field context not working?

Hi, I have a custom label field with a context for each project that uses the field. However, if I create a label in Project 1, the label is available for Project 2 too. I thought that since both Project 1 and 2 have separate contexts they would not share labels? How do I configure the field if I don't want Project 2 to see the labels used by Project 1?

image2017-3-15 12:35:3.png

1 answer

0 votes

Ah, for most custom field types, you have the right idea.

However, a label is a global field - one of the points of the label is to allow cross-project labelling.  Your contexts control where it appears, but every label in use in the field is global.

If you want different label sets, you need to use different label type fields.  For example Labels_1 for projects 1, 2 and 3, and then Labels_2 for project A, labels_3 for project C and so on.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,096 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you