Custom field Historical Data for reporting

Vinay Dasari April 25, 2024

Hello All,
I have workflow which have regular statuses along with Statuses "Bug" and "QA Ready".
We have created Custom field "RCA Reason" which is a (Single Select) and pop up screen between "Bug" and "QA Ready" which will ask the user to select the option before moving to "QA Ready". For single issue this may continuous process until QA team approves. 

Now, I need to fetch all the historical values of "RCA Reason" field for reporting. Need to showcase to my Client - how many times it got moved to QA Ready status and who moved it and What are the options the user selected while moving the issue into QA Ready.

Can anyone help me with this please..

2 answers

2 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Vinay Dasari !

To capture and report the historical values of the "RCA Reason" field in your Jira workflow, you can try Issue History for Jira from my team.

It can track and display changes made to custom fields within tasks.

For the test, I created a custom field "RCA Reason" with predefined options:

custom field.png

custom field 2.png

I then transitioned an issue in the workflow. 

custom field 3.png

As you can see, the add-on logs each step, providing a comprehensive history that includes the custom field's values, the person who made the change, and the timestamps.

Vinay Dasari April 26, 2024
Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2024

@Vinay Dasari  Just want to add that the Activities | Issue History gadget for the Jira dashboard also shows the total number of changes and who made them.

Step 1 - Add Activities Gadget to the Dashboard 

unnamed (1).png

Step 2 - Create a simple Filter and Save it 

2.png

Step 3 - Configure Dashboard Gadget Activities 

3.png

Step 4 - Use Field filter - tick on fields to control - in your case: RCA Reason and additional fields. 

4.png

So you can see the number of changes and who made them.

2024-04-26_18-42.png

Vinay Dasari April 27, 2024

Thanks @Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_  
I can able to see only Issue History Gadget in the Dashboard, but I didn't find any "Activities by Issue History" Gadget.

How can I get it

Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
April 29, 2024

@Vinay Dasari 

It looks like you're on the right track. 

If you're searching for the "Activities by Issue History" gadget, you can try typing "Activities" into the search bar to see if it appears in the results (the full name of the gadget is "Activities (by Issue History)").

2024-04-29_14-27.png

However, please ensure you have installed the "Issue History for Jira" add-on, as our gadget is a feature of this add-on. 

If you're still having trouble or would like a walkthrough of the features, feel free to book a demo. We'd be happy to assist you in setting it up.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2024

Hi @Vinay Dasari 

Welcome to the community !!

If you would be interested to try out our add-on for better reporting capabilities and viewing multiple issues history at once, take a look at  

Issue History Reports

You can view the complete change log for your filtered issues, including custom fields, in a simple and effective way.

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Issue History.PNG

Vinay Dasari April 26, 2024

Thanks @Amay Purohit_RVS it really help us to capture the historical data..
But can you please help me how we bring this complete information into Jira Dashboard ?

I see that we can export the data into spreadsheet but We want to the data into Jira dashboards.

I can able to get the data to Jira dashboard using Issue History Gadget. But it's showing as a whole list. We just want to know the total count, like who did it and total how many times. etc..

Suggest an answer