Custom Tab not showing up on Edit Screen

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

We are using Cloud. 

I have defined a custom tab on the Edit screen for a particular issue type for a particular project. 

I have: 

• Created the Edit Screen with the tabs
  • Created the Screen Scheme using the custom Edit screen
  • Created the Issue Type Screen Scheme using the custom Screen Scheme and associating the special screen with EPIC issue types only
  • and
  • Associated all of them and  field configuration schemes to the Project 

The custom tab shows up for the Create and View screens, but not for the Edit Screen. Is there something I may have missed? 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2017

Hi Kathy,

Are there any custom fields on the tab?  Take a look at Tabs Don't Show up on View Issue Screen and the Communities post Solved:Missing tab JIRA Edit issue and the comment from Nic:

Also, if there are no *valid* fields on a tab, it ends up hidden. So check that your custom fields on those tabs all have the right context for the project and issue type. Also check the field configuration allows for the fields too.

Cheers,

Branden

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

There are custom fields assigned to the custom tab, but it was listing them and the field tab fields all on one screen. Some of them did have data in them. 

When I went to the configure fields drop down, it was set to custom and some of the fields had been unchecked. When I clicked on ALL, the tabs magically reappeared. 

So if you want to use Tabs in your Edit screen, you have to keep the field configuration on ALL apparently. 

Like Eduardo Lessa likes this
Chris Eich August 8, 2023

Just to be explicit for everyone, the "configure fields drop down" is in the upper right corner of the Edit popup:

Jira tabs fix.png

Asher Francis February 6, 2024

Hi Chris

Can you let me know the path to find this dropdown please? I'm experiencing this issue

Thanks

Chris Eich February 6, 2024

As I wrote, it’s right there on the edit screen (the popover that appears for the Edit action). Upper right corner. 

Which edit screen? Which edit action? 

Thanks

If you are viewing an issue (full page dedicated to the issue, vs. seeing it on a board or in a backlog) there should be a button labeled Edit near the top left of the page. In other contexts, if you click on the issue to select it, there is a context menu you can open with the "." (period) key. In that menu, type or drop-down to select the word "Edit". Either way, a popover Edit screen should appear.

If you can't find these controls, perhaps you should post screenshots.

Not seeing it!

2024-02-06_14-19-40.png

I've not seen a screen layout like this, but there are possibilities:

• The Actions menu in the upper right.
  • The "." keyboard shortcut which I described in my last reply.
  • There may also be a "e" keyboard shortcut.
  • Try "?" to see what shortcuts exist.

That's all I can offer.

I've realised, this is my mistake. I realised this post is in Jira Software, whereas my issue exists in JSM. Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer