Missing tab JIRA Edit issue

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

I created a new project in JIRA 5.2.4.1. I modeled the same Workflows, Schemes, Screens Fields as another project. I am missing Tabs in the Edit Issue. The old project has MAIN ROLES DEVELOPMENT ANALYSYS. The new project only has MAIN ROLES tabs. Where are these tabs added?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2013

Tabs on screens are controlled by the screen-schemes. Have you set these correctly on the project?

Also, if there are no *valid* fields on a tab, it ends up hidden. So check that your custom fields on those tabs all have the right context for the project and issue type. Also check the field configuration allows for the fields too.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

It was a custom field type Multi Checkboxes. Why does this show as a tab?

We had to select ALL to view it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2013

Fields show in tabs when you add them to a tab within a screen. Doesn't matter what the type of field is.

"We had to select ALL to view it" makes sense though - your user had previously decided to hide the field, so Jira then hides it. Then, I suspect that you had put it on a tab with nothing else, so Jira hid the tab as there was nothing on it.

Constance Hua March 27, 2018

Please check and upvote https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67026. It is not normal that we have to create a dummy custom field in the main tab for the second tab to appear. This isn't clean.

Suggest an answer