Missing tab JIRA Edit issue

I created a new project in JIRA I modeled the same Workflows, Schemes, Screens Fields as another project. I am missing Tabs in the Edit Issue. The old project has MAIN ROLES DEVELOPMENT ANALYSYS. The new project only has MAIN ROLES tabs. Where are these tabs added?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Tabs on screens are controlled by the screen-schemes. Have you set these correctly on the project?

Also, if there are no *valid* fields on a tab, it ends up hidden. So check that your custom fields on those tabs all have the right context for the project and issue type. Also check the field configuration allows for the fields too.

It was a custom field type Multi Checkboxes. Why does this show as a tab?

We had to select ALL to view it

Fields show in tabs when you add them to a tab within a screen. Doesn't matter what the type of field is.

"We had to select ALL to view it" makes sense though - your user had previously decided to hide the field, so Jira then hides it. Then, I suspect that you had put it on a tab with nothing else, so Jira hid the tab as there was nothing on it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

49 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot