Custom Sprint field?

sean.naubert April 27, 2021

Looking to see if anyone has a way to create a field that mimics how the Sprint field works? 

• Pre-set values to select
  • Supports multiple selections that stack
    • The "multi-select" custom field doesn't retain the previously selected items unless you shift-click
  • I don't need it to have the backend sprint rollover tech

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

Hi, @sean.naubert !

”Sprint”-field is a specific field type, as I know it is impossible out-of-box to create a similar one with the same features.

Can you describe your case? What do you want to achieve?

sean.naubert April 27, 2021

Hi Alexander, 

The use I am looking for is the desire to track an issue that was assigned to a milestone, but wasn't completed, and is now designated for another milestone. 

At my studio we track milestones separately from "Sprints." So they need to be independent fields, but we want to show that a task has been "rolling over" from milestone to milestone, in the same way that Sprints can. 

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

Have you already tried to use fix versions field for that needs?

Look through the documentation please, it has really cool features!

Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases.

sean.naubert April 28, 2021

We already use Versions pretty extensively. But I may be able to leverage it for this concept. 

Thanks!

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this

Suggest an answer