Custom Report with all the Projects information and filters

Rahul Sharma May 16, 2023

Hi, 

My Organization is handling 6 projects on Jira and want me to create a single custom report where they will able to see all the projects in one screen.

Can you please help me because I am new to it and don't know anything about JQL.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Rahul Sharma , welcome to the community and thanks for your question. 

Have you thought about using a dashboard for this?

They have already some built in gadgets to see a summary of how a number of projects are going from a high level, like this gadget, Projects -

image.png

Here you can specify a number of projects, at what level of detail you want to see them, how often the results are refreshed. It's possibly a good starting point and something you can use to show your stakeholders what is possible.

image.png

I hope this helps but if not, please give us your feedback and either myself or someone else will try to help.

Cheers

Rahul Sharma May 16, 2023

Hi @Valerie Knapp I tried it but this is not solving my problem 100%, because I want everything in a single report.

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Rahul Sharma , thanks for your reply.

Ok, for the JQL, I recorded you a short video which I hope will help you get started.

Basically, also Atlassian recommend that when you are getting started writing queries to use first the basic query, where you can choose from the drop-downs. Then, you can switch to advanced to see how the query is written. 

Short demo of JQL 

Let me know if you don't manage to see the video and I can try something else.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer