Custom Field that is a single version picker cannot be filtered

Deleted user February 5, 2015

When trying to filter by this custom field (for all it's values) I cannot see any tickets, though they are definitely a lot that answer this query's criteria.

When I updated the field (using the edit option) I could suddenly see it by filtering the new value.

Returning it to the old value works - now I see only the one ticket (but I have thousands).

re-indexing was made - didn't help. Any thoughts? How can I make JIRA see this field?!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2015

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  Could you give us the searches you have tried and explain what is wrong with them?  

The JQL is what we need - if you're using simple search, then you can still get the JQL - run the search, get the "broken" result and then click "advanced" and it will display it as JQL for us

Deleted user February 8, 2015

project = FSP AND issuetype = Ticket AND affectedVersion = EMPTY

gets no result even though after updating the affectedVersion field, and returning it back to value "no version" - the result shows the updated ticket.

after indexing the updated tickets disappear again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2015

That has nothing to do with a custom version picker, so I'm still confused. It sounds like the filter is working fine - you get no results when there are no empty affected version issues, and then you get some when you clear it out.

The problem is that there are issues that answer that query. When I fill this field and then remove the value I can see the ticket I updated.

It looks Like I need to manually update the ticket so JIRA can see it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2015

But that's not what you've said - you've described behaviour that works. That's why I am lost. The other question I have is what you mean by "manually update the issue"? Editing the version IS updating the issue. That suggests that you are trying to update the version with something you've scripted, and got wrong...

When editing this field - only edited tickets appear on filter results (until the next indexing process occurs, then the field simply can be filtered).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2015

So how do you put it into a "broken" state? A field change IS an edit, but you say that fixes the problem, so we need to know how you are getting it broken. What process is breaking it? We need to find out what is broken in your edit process because it's not indexing in the way it should.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events