Cumulative Flow Diagram based on Estimation

Pini Reznik January 22, 2014

Hello,

I'm setting up a set of projects based on this articles:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/10/project-portfolio-management-with-jira-agile-12/

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/10/project-portfolio-management-with-jira-agile-22/

In general, the suggestion is to use Scrum boards for teams and a Kanbam board for a multi-team project to manage Epics and their priorities.

This is a very useful way of working for us but we are missing one report - burnup chart for the Project which includes multiple teams.

I don't want to measure real stories from the team's User Stories since different teams have different valueas for story points.

What I want is to give estimations to Epics and manually update it at the end of each sprint.

Cumulative Flow Diagram is a very good way to show this but since it is a Kanban board it is nased on number of issues and not on estimation. Is there a simple way to create similar diagram based on some king of estimation? Or any other burnup/down chart based on a filter and a value of a numeric custom field?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Hi Pini,

We have just added JIRA Agile support to our Intelligent Reports plguin. Included in this is the ability to create burn-up/burn-down charts based on any numerical field in issues for any filter/query.

Take a look at the included sample report "All boards progress report". It includes a burndown chart across all agile boards, as well as detailed reporting for each individual board.

If you want more or different data it is very easy to customize. You simply design the report layout you want in Microsoft Word and fill in the data using simple point and click rules. No scripting or API to learn.

Try it out and let us know how you go.

Suggest an answer