Creating a workflow but the first status was already added

Angie Elliott March 24, 2023

Hello. I created a new workflow but when it appeared, the first status "On Hold" appeared even though I hadn't added a status yet. I can't remove the status because it is linked to other projects. I deleted the workflow the first time this happened, then created a new workflow hoping the status would not be there but it was, every time I deleted the workflow and re-created it. What is happening and how can I fix this? Appreciate any help provided!

-angie

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

That is expected, when you create a new workflow it will pick the first status that is in the statusCategory "To Do" from the list of statuses that you have. All you have to do is to add a new status to you workflow and then link the Create transition to it, and once that is done you can remove the "On Hold" status from your workflow. Deleting it from your new workflow will not affect any other projects. The only thing that would affect other projects would be if you rename an existing status.

Angie Elliott March 27, 2023

Thank you very much!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer