Creating a useful "Assigned to Me" widget

Joel Parker January 17, 2012

Here's what I want in an Assigned to Me widget on my dashboard; is this possible right now?

• List all unresolved issues assigned to me.
  • Order the issues by a mixture of Due Date and Fix Version, such that items with Due Date before the next version are listed first, then issues for the next Fix Version, then Due Dates before the (n+1) Fix Version, etc.
  • Order the issues by Priority second, such that all issues for the same Fix Version are listed with Blockers at the top.

This to me would be the best "quick glance" view of my tasks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2012

That's pretty specific, not something you'd hard-code into a generic gadget.

I'd define a filter for it and use the "show filter results" gadget. (Well, I do that all the time, although I've got different sort criteria)

0 votes
Buster Blystone September 29, 2013

Thanks. I see now that I can have more than one instance

of the "Filter Results" gadget open on my dashboard and can display a modified "Assigned To Me" filter there.

0 votes
Brady Kahn February 1, 2012

I can confirm that the Show Filter Results gadget appears to be the best workaround at this time.

The previous answer begs the following question: Is there a way to submit an Improvement or Enhancement idea to Atlassian regarding the widget? I hesitate to create one through the main Atlassian Gadgets project, because based on the items I saw, it appears to be for the Gadgets framework and not specific gadgets.

The fact that the Assigned to Me gadget does not display assignable items that are In Testing or a Resolved state (instead of Closed) is a problem for people like me who:

1. Can be assigned items with a "In Testing" status with an accompanying Resolution code/status.
  2. Can be assigned items with a "Resolved" status when "Closed" means something different.
  3. Organization with the following JIRA end to end basic status workflow: Open > In Progress > Code Review > In Testing (Resolution type assigned) > Rejected (go back to In Progress) or Closed.

As someone who performs QA at a company that uses JIRA, I receive items In Testing or Resolved depending on the type of item (bug, improvement, etc).

Buster Blystone September 29, 2013

Seriously, can't they just make it possible to edit the filter of the "Assigned to Me" gadget? I'm already using the "Filter Results" gadget for another filter and would prefer not to have to change to yet another filter manually in order to see my tickets that resolved but not closed. Is it possible to display more than one "Filter Results" gadget on my dashboard?

Thanks

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2013

I think there's a point being missed here. Assigned to me is explicitly for "unresolved and assigned to me", that's how Jira is intended to be used. If you don't want to use it as designed, then you define your own filter and use "show filter" instead. The assigned to me gadget is little more than "show filter" with a convenient preset filter.

Surendra Kumar Kanneganti January 23, 2020

In my case I have test cases, stories and few other types are displaying. however if I would like to filter to see only stories, I don't have an option other than creating a filter. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

Yes, that's what you should do - create a filter that returns what you want to see, save it, and use it the filter gadgets that let you use what you want to.

datecnl February 1, 2020

Nic, you state "unresolved and assigned to me". However, I have an issue assigned to me that has been rejected. It still shows on this gadget

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2020
  • 2012 dude, 2012
  • But it has not changed, you need your rejected status to report better
datecnl February 2, 2020

True, some things never change.

i made my own filter and added that using the filter widget

Suggest an answer