• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating An Issue

I recently learned how to close out an issue using the Resolution option. But now when I create new issues, it makes me select a Resolution. I don't understand why because the issue has yet to be worked on let alone resolved. I wanted to use the resolution option for issues that were complete and mark them as done so they would move to the Resolved or Done issues part of Jira. But how do I change it so I don't have to add a resolution when I create an issue?

I have tried using the Configure Fields option on the top right hand corner when trying to create an issue. I tried all and custom. In the custom, I un-selected the Resolution option but when I would click on create, it would make me select a resolution. So for now I just select Software Failure until I can figure out how to fix or change it.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi! I think what's happening is that you share the same screen with all the operations (create, edit, view) in the screen scheme , what you need to do is create other screen for the create and edit operatios, and remove the resolution field from those screens, and just have the field on the view screen, but so you can edit the field when closing the issue, you will need to add the resolution screen to close transition, so the user can choose de resolution to set on the issue. Hope this helps

👍

1 vote
SriKumar P Atlassian Team Jan 30, 2020

Hi @Dipali Patel ,

Can you check if you have added Resolution field in the Create Screen for the respective project? 
Screenshot 2020-01-30 at 23.51.16.png

-Sri 

Atlassian Support

Yes I see that. But I'm just having some trouble trying to figure out how to exactly set it up. I don't want to mess up our existing boards.

You won't mess anything up by removing the resolution field from the screen. 

Unless you specifically have a process that needs to create closed issues?

NEVER put the resolution on a create or edit screen, it's wrong.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you