Created vs Resolved Chart - How to add Closed status to Resolved figure?

Peter Collier September 19, 2012

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to add the 'Closed' status to 'Resolved' for the chart?

The problem I have is that our company close bugs in JIRA once they are confirmed as resolved. This ends up skewing the Created vs Resolved chart if you look back at any given period of days because it only looks at a bug's current status a 'Closed' bug no longer registers as 'Resolved'.

1 answer

0 votes
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2012

I've checked this behavior on my test environment and notice that it doesn't matter in which state the bug is. Both resolved and closed are counted in the chart as resolved.

Also a bug that goes from in progress to closed in 1 transition is counted.

Peter Collier September 19, 2012

Hmmm this is srange because I have two very different results from yesterday's Created vs Resolved chart as today's. The same dates on both yesterdays chart and todays show different created vs resolved data. The only conclusion I could come to was that this was as a result of resolved status chaging to closed status as we weren't re-opening enough resolved status bugs to account for the difference in the charts.

Was this capability in the Created vs Resolved chart updated recently or has this always been the case? As us perhaps having an old version of the software is the only explanation I can think of.

Suggest an answer