Create report for average time in a particular status

Cody Eberhardt June 22, 2020

I am looking to create a report that shows the average time issues are in a particular status, in this case it would be the average time the issues are in the "Waiting for Support" status. I would like to do this without any add ons or plugins if possible.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2020

Hi  

There is no built-in solution in Jira. However, the data you need is available in Jira Rest API. It provides the exact status transition date and time for each issue. It returns json as below, but you need to extract and calculate for each issue.
JiraRestApi-History.png

We developed Status Time app for the exact need. It displays time spent on each status. You can export the data into excel and get the average time.

StatusDurations-M.jpg

Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2020

Hi @Cody Eberhardt ,

We added average calculation functionality. You no longer need to extract and calculate the average on excel. You can see sample report on online demo here

AverageReport.png

3 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
July 22, 2020

Hello @Cody Eberhardt 

Unfortunately, there are no built-in solutions but as an alternative, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud.

average time.png

Its' main function is to generate a report of how long issues have been staying in a particular status. BUT you also get Average Time report, which shows the average time issues have been staying in statuses during a specific period.

All reports are available as Grid and as Charts. and you can export data as XLSX or CSV file 

I hope, this info will be helpful for you!

Best regards, Mariana

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events