Create project with shared configuration: 'Project xXx' uses this project key

Hello,

I try to create a project with a shared configuration. The project sharing configuration is X. The target project is Y.

When specifying the key, I have the error: Project 'X' uses this project key.

I don't understand why as I can't see any trace of my target key Y within X. What can I do to find out where that Y project key is said to be referenced by X ?

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Indeed. Originally, a long time ago, the original name of X was Y.  And it works with any other name. Does this mean that JIRA keeps that fact in some kind of memory and prevents any further use of Y as a key ?

Is there any way to bypass this ? (I know, it could not be a good idea, but in our case, it is useful, since Y was never used and only served as a test).

Edit: now, everything is clear: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34945 The Y key has been used in the past. I can't use it again, unless I do myself some cleanup in the database.

Tayyab Bashir Community Champion Mar 20, 2017

Once you select for which project you want to share the configuration with, a Create with Shared Configuration dialogue will appear. 
In this dialogue enter the details of the new project to be created. 

Could it be that someone has changed key for the project?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/editing-a-project-key-802592377.html

Does it work if you specify another key for the new project?

You could play around with the project_key table but make sure you know where you need to do changes additionally.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

158 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you