Create multiple portals for Jira Service Desk Cloud

Anna Lazareva July 23, 2020

Hi,

We has already used a portal for Jira Service Desk. But we would like to create one more portal and set other projects there.

Please explain if it is available, and the way we could create a new portal. 

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2020

Hi Anna, welcome to the Community.

With JSD you will get a single "help center portal" per instance of JSD. Each Project you create in that instance will result in a new sub-portal under that help center portal. You cannot have more than one top-level portal for a given instance. At least not OOTB. You could have a look at something like Refined Themes for JSD if that is a requirement or you could implement your own portal solution.

Anna Lazareva July 23, 2020

So, we are available to have only 1 help center, am I right? And there is no opportunities to have one more help center and create other projects there?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2020

Not in the same instance and without an addon.

Anna Lazareva July 24, 2020

Thank you for your answer, Jack.

But the question is still unclear for me. I want that organization "A" have 2 help centres portals (2 sites). Now we have only 1. How could I create one more? Or you mean it is impossible?

Jerry Miller June 6, 2022

Anna,

The details matter, but here's what you can do, since this is what we do.

Each Jira project can be configured to use Service Desk. Each project gives you one portal entry point, e.g., {base URL}/portal/1

The second Jira project configured as Service Desk gives you a new portal entry point, e.g., {base URL}/portal/2

To reach either portal, just use the full URL.

Each is configured independently, and from my research they can have no relation to each other without significant work or a paid add-on. Because they use different Jira projects, tickets get created in different queues, so there's no mixing.

AFAIK, the lowest portal number is the default one, so if you just type {base URL}, you'll get sent to portal 1. You must train/tell everyone that wants the 2nd portal to always use the full URL (which is why I want to merge them but can't).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events