Create an admin role with limited browse/create options?

Matt Walker January 29, 2020

Problem: I currently have multiple project managers, each able to see the projects of the other.  Due to security concerns, I'd like to find a way to continue to allow for the PMs to create projects, but to only be able to do so (and to have visibility/browse) for their respective projects.  

Thinking: In seeing this problem, it's clear I'd need to find a way to somehow categorize each PM into some sort of tweaked Admin with custom permission scheme.  But, I only know of the Admin being able to create projects, and don't think it's possible to create a scheme that can see and create a projects for a specific category/group/container of work.

Question: Is it possible to create an admin role, e.g. someone who can create projects, but only has visibility/creatability limited to a certain collection/label/etc?  Could I use an IP to create the separation?  (If not, it seems like I'd need to set up a separate instance for each PM, yes?)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

No, you have to be an admin to be able to create projects.

There are a couple of apps in the marketplace that allow some forms of delegation.

Matt Walker January 29, 2020

Thanks, Nic.  I figured this level of ornate customization wouldn't be out-of-the-box, so appreciate your confirmation. I'll look at some add-ons.

Suggest an answer