Create a request type that is a LINK type

ginxx009 June 22, 2021

image.png

As you can see in the image above I want the Other Concerns to be a link . Is it possible in JIRA?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

"Link type" or "link" is not clear to me.

Do you mean you want to rename this request type as "link"?   If not, then what does link mean?  What do you want it to do when a customer clicks on the name?

ginxx009 June 22, 2021

For example I click that other concerns it will be redirected to another page something like that

ginxx009 June 22, 2021
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

Yes, when you click "other concerns" it will take you to a new page so you can write about your request.

ginxx009 June 22, 2021

For example 

Other Concerns -> New Page without showing any fields / Submitting Requests 

Resignation Form -> Show fields -> Submit Request

Just like that . Just like a normal hyperlink that will redirect you to another page

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

So not a request type at all, but a link to another page.

You should remove the "other concerns" request, and then customise the screen to have your link.  Natively, the portal does not have a way to do that, but you might be able to do it with refined themes.

ginxx009 June 22, 2021

Kindly explain it more I can't follow sir @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

You want a link to another page on this page.

You initially said you wanted to replace the "other request" option in the list with your link.

The "other request" option is an entry in a list of request types, it is not a link.  But you don't want it, so 

Action 1:  Remove "other request" from the portal list of request types - you don't want it there.

To get a link added to the page, you will need to amend the code that provides the page, adding your link to it.  This is not possible in plain Jira Service Management, but may be possible with an app that themes it.  I've suggested Refined as it's the only one I've used (there may be others).  So,

Action 2: Look at theming to see if it can inject the code for the link you want

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events