Create a Custom Search/Filter Form

Harish Mandyam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Hi. I'm new to JIRA.

I'd like to create a form that allows the user to enter some keywords.  Then my form would take those keywords and construct a JQL query from them (using some specific rules that I come up with).  Then the query would run, and I would get a page that looks like the Issues page if I had entered and run this JQL query by hand.

Or, to put this another way, I have certain patterns to the queries I construct, and instead of having to type everything by hand, I'd like to be able to just enter the keywords and construct the JQL query (programmatically or via scripting) and then run it.

Is there a way to do this?

I use Jira Work Management.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Hello, @Harish Mandyam. Welcome to the community  👋

You are going to want to get to know

In other words, I am not sure your 'solution' is the best way to solve this problem. IMHO you should consider using filters and/or Automation to address this need.

But if you really want to use a form to do it, you may want to look at Scriptrunner from Adaptavist or write something from scratch using the Jira APIs.

Hope this helps,

-dave

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events